Friday, November 5, 2010

TGFTTV

TGIF. Seriously. THANK GOODNESS. Hauling myself out of bed this week has been quite a trial. Hopefully with daylight savings ending tomorrow it'll make it a little easier.
So it's Friday. We made it. *HIGH FIVE* It's 10:45 and I just opened a pomtini. But it's not drinking alone because I could be out drinking at a bar with peoples, but I felt the need to save some moolah and chill. I did have a nice coffee date earlier in the evening but now I am in my bed with the laptop, catching up on all the terrible TV I've missed this weekend.
Thank Goodness For Terrible TV (TGFTTV - you see what I did there? Eh?).
I have admitted on this blog before that I, at times, have less than sophisticated tastes. I do indeed have Ayn Rand's the Fountainhead on my shelf at the moment, but I haven't cracked it open yet. I have however, read all of Twilight and most of the Shopaholic novels. I did indeed go to the theater last week, but also am really excited for the new Rachel McAdams romcom coming out (It has HARRISON FORD being crochety and charming! How could you not be excited?).
But I have really bad taste in TV.
I watch Private Practise almost every week (I think I'm skipping this one though, I do not need to see Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer rape someone). Almost anything to do with decor/wedding dresses on HGTV or TLC? I AM THERE. The documentary on climate change - not so much. I check out Cougar Town. After catching up on The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family this evening, I watched Hellcats.
Hellcats, if you haven't seen it, is about college cheerleaders. AND IT IS REALLY GOOD. There is now some kind of legal mystery going on and they used an acapella version of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' at a poignant moment.... it is the One Tree Hill of it's day (which I did used to love), though minus Chad Michael Murray's hair and dogs eating hearts.
Man, I miss Chad Michael Murray.
ANYWAYS - I have crap taste in TV. I do turn to the West Wing whenever I have 40 or so minutes to spare, and have watched my fair share of BBC series, but I am always drawn back to both the ridiculous and sublime - ie. silly teenage shows or reality tv.
Time for the Apprentice!
(Please don't judge me or my love of pomtinis)

1 comment:

x-ine said...

Whatevs. I still watch One Tree Hill all these years later. It's actually not awful, for a primetime soap opera, that is.