Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bon Voyage!

Today we had a brunch to bid adieu to my best friend forever, Z and her boyfriend as they take off on an exciting adventure. I am super excited for them, and can't wait to hear their stories but it was still hard to say goodbye.
Z and I have been best friends since we were around 3 years old. We know we met in preschool but the first evidence of our friendship is written upon a large piece of construction paper I had decorated on my first day of kindergarten, upon which our teacher wrote:
'Anna had a very good first day. While playing in the house, Zoe asked "Are you my husband?"'.
We figure I must have said yes, and that our marriage is one many should look up to. That phrase, along with many others ('You can't take Siam!' 'That is one of my defining characteristics') are a constant in our conversations.
Z has been my cheerleader, confidant, the one who understands my neuroses, who points out the few flaws I have ('epitome') but also shows me and helps me find my strengths. She's the sister I never had.
And she can't navigate nor stick to a schedule for anything so I'm really glad she's not going alone, I would actually have to find a new best friend (as I've been threatening) and I just don't have the time for that.
Love ya dear.

1 comment:

Z said...

Thanks Dear!

xoxo!

I'll be watching and reading even from SA!