Friday, November 19, 2010

Fridays

Y'know, no one ever really warned me how tiring working all week is. When I think about it, I don't understand how a week of sitting at my computer and thinking, reading or writing, interspersed with meetings and phone calls can actually knock me out the way it does but generally by Friday, I am just ready to crawl into bed. And that is what I did tonight. It was kind of awesome. I ran a few errands at a nearby mall, picked up food that I (again) didn't really end up cooking with - tomorrow I swear though - I had an english muffin PB&J (delicious homemade jam, a favour from a friend's wedding) for dinner.

I then crawled into bed and caught up on the TV I missed this week (Hellcats is still highly entertaining), and started reading Game of Thrones - so far so good.

The rest of the weekend will be pretty busy though, tomorrow I have house cleaning and laundry to do, followed by an evening on the town with work friends, then to do much baking on Sunday at my parents' and celebrate my mother's birthday. I also need to study for the drivers test I've just decided I'll write Monday, need to get back on the G1 horse. As an only child, I find I really need this quiet nights to myself to recharge my slightly introverted batteries and be ready to take on the world again come next week.

WHEN I START A NEW JOB.

(Blows into a paper bag.)

I'll be fine. After one more old episode of The West Wing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Game of thrones = so so so good. Plus HBO is making a series due out sometime in 2011 :)