Saturday, November 13, 2010

On financial responsibility

I have been known in my life to, at times, be a bit spendthrift. I have a LOT of purses and a LOT of clothes, somewhat due to the fact that I am the only child of a woman who loves a deal. And who has especially enjoyed helping me build a professional wardrobe with a lot of great deals. However, with the responsibility of owning my own place, I've had to reign in my habits a bit.

I actually challenged myself to not purchase anything clothing related for all of October and seems to have pulled it off! I was mulling giving myself the same challenge for November but settled on more 'only buy something you HAVE to have'.

Today I bought some pretty awesome stuff:
- a gorgeous vintage pair of gold earrings with eenie weenie rhinestones and emeralds that will look great at work or at holiday parties ($3 - church bazaar)
- a cute string of faux baby blue pearls ($.050 - church bazaar)
- a versataile teal sleeveless blouse that will be great for work ($20 - the Bay)

I really love them all and didn't blow my budget. Here's to keeping the streak alive! (Now curled up in bed with the $0.50 Diana Gabaldon and 'What Not to Wear' books, also from the Church Bazaar. Christmas shopping season has begun but won't post those details, you never know who is reading.... ;)

No comments: