Thursday, November 11, 2010

Memmmmories

(That title kinda looks like 'Mammmmmmaries' huh? That made me laugh because I have the sense of humour of a five year old).

Today I walked along the streets of Kingston, where I did my undergrad with two of my dear former roomies and (among many others, mainly Glee's version of 'We've Got the Funk') we sang some of 'Memories' by Barbara Streisand.

It felt like every corner we revealed tugged at another string of memories. Yet, it was weird being there as non-students, wandering the campus yet without so much stress on our shoulders. We checked out the fancy pants new student centre which is incredibly so much nicer than we ever had, gr. But I do now kind of miss the awful dungeons which masqueraded as a gym.

After stopping in to see some former labmates who are almost done their PhDs, I rejoined my friends for shopping along the main street, which now has an Urban Outfitters. I ended up buying this picture:
for my living room, but I'm not quite sure of the colour, the blue may be a little too vibrant. But I really like it otherwise, we'll see....

Am now back home and have to deal with the laundry I've been ignoring all week. Oh well, just one day to the weekend!

No comments: