Sunday, November 11, 2012

Remembrance

Today was about two kinds of remembrance for me.

Obviously today marked Remembrance Day. I was at home this morning and at 11:11 I paused my silly blog reading to stop and reflect on how lucky I was to have that luxury and to appreciate those who gave up all luxuries to defend my country and Commonwealth, and those who gave up their lives. I had two great uncles who thankfully survived WW2 and unfortunately both of those have now passed, but I thought of them as well.

Upon returning home this evening I took advantage of a bit of time and energy to finally start a project I've been mulling for a while. I had printed off a whole bunch of pictures and, nerdily enough, I am now making myself a little scrapbook to document all the fun of the past year or so. If I finish it in a timely fashion perhaps I'll share. It was such fun to flip through the photos, remember where and how they were taken and I'm glad I'm finally getting around to doing this.

I hope you took some time to remember our fallen heroes and perhaps your current heroes today.

No comments: