Thursday, November 8, 2012

On solitude

On the Myers-Briggs personality tests I hover on the line between Introvert and Extrovert (hush Liz). There are days when I NEED to talk to people and the idea of being stuck in a room with no external contact is one of my dearest conceptions of hell. But there are other times when I am the quintessential only child and I need some time relatively on my own (but still connected via twitter/bbm/e-mail/facebook) to recharge.

I had about two hours this evening, between two different social-ish events, to wander around downtown on my own. It was awesome. I went and cooed over way too expensive purses at Holts (bbming with the wonderful Bianca on advice), picked up a slightly unhealthy dinner on the go, and then moved to slightly more affordable pastures. I love shopping with my friends but there is something about wandering the stores on your own, being able to take your time/zip through sections as you wish that is so nice. Though I was doing a lot of groundwork for my next big shopping trip to the Tdot in just over a week, when I will have lots of friends to shop with. It is terrible but shopping is relaxing for me,  I like puttering between stores, people watching and making snarky comments under my breath, audience or no. I do at least keep it to mainly WINDOW shopping. Despite that I brought home perhaps my fifth grey sweater (much to x-ine's derision but its the only one with ELBOW Patches), considering it was $30 and not over $300 as some of the purses I was eyeing, its not the worst habit in the world.

Crack is way more expensive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad someone is keeping you in check. You need a wardrobe monitor to say "you own four of these salmon coloured cardigans already, I don't care if this one is more coral and has pearl buttons".

But I concur, elbow patches do mean it's a different sweater, and $30 is an appropriate amount to spend on something trendy. I've been doing most of my shopping and getting dressed solo lately, and I miss your advice dearly!