Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rec's from last weekend

So this time last week I was shopping up a storm in la belle ville. It was such a great weekend, another visit will certainly not be too far off.

I usually like to hit some of my favourites while I am in town (Ye Olde Orchard you will always be my favourite Montrael pub) but I actually hit three new places last week that were awesome that I wanted to spread the word on.

Saturday night we went to Holder to celebrate my dear x-ine's birthday. Great vibe, a fantastic Quebec cider by the glass and amazing steak frites. I definitely want to go back.

The next morning B and I hit up Universel for brunch. They had delicious fresh squeezed juice and the servings were plentiful (though it will never be the Baker Street - they moved people through a lot faster!).

Before we hit the train on Sunday evening we picked up cupcakes at La Glacerie. AH-mazing. Perhaps the best cupcakes I've had since New York City. They were fluffy, the icing was dense without being cloying.... x-ine and I brought a box of mini cupcakes back and I am a little sad to have just finished it off (hey I ran and did the 30 day shred this aft - I think I earned it).

A bientot Montreal!

No comments: