Saturday, November 3, 2012

La belle ville

By the time you read this I will already be well installed in one of my favourite cities ever - la belle Montreal.

I'll have arrived there by drinking wine and eating free chocolates courtesy of Via1 - I've been getting pretty spoiled lately by taking it almost every time I travel by train but to be honest - it's really the only way to do it. Unlimited drinks, good food, not having to deal with the rabble scrabble.... bliss.

I love Montreal because I know it well enough to get around/use the transit systems yet every time I visit there is somewhere new and wonderful to discover. I can still wander the streets and get that little thrill when I realize I have arrived at one of my favourites (Juliette et Chocolate - yum!) but being open minded, can still find some super cool new favourites as well. I get to hear people use their super weird French but hopefully that means I get to practise my somewhat terrible French.

The people are way more stylish than here in the O-town, there is always something a little weird going  down and the shopping is ever so much better.

Oh and did I mention its where some of my favourite people live? Am so excited to get to drink some wine, do some gossiping, shopping and get into some form of shenanigan. Will report back tomorrow on what went down (well, the stuff that is appropriate to report back on).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You definitely need to take Via 1 for a long trip. Bliss = using the lounge in Toronto while waiting for a transfer.