Friday, November 27, 2009

Whew

This working full time this is exhausting. I worked full time doing my Masters, and even during the summer but as a student, you feel quite free to take breaks, sleep in some mornings (when a grad student), gossip with your friends.... I need to make a good impression now! So I will get promoted and make more money!
Why do I need money? Beyond buying purses and work clothes (less on the cle-vage and more on the office appropriate. Yoga wear/fleece is also not to appropriate alas)? Well, I'm not going to live with my parents forever and so come the spring I need a place to live. Hopefully will buy something, but as those who are near and dear know, I'm kind of spoiled about where I live. I've grown up in the downtown and whine profusely about having to go out to the suburbs, though I will to party. Or if you're going to feed me. So, living downtown I'm going to have a pay a little more for the new yet charming place that I will of course decorate beautifully, with lots of geeky art. Trees! I actually would love to buy this xkcd comic as a print but its not currently available! Le sigh.... Anyways, any one with real estate leads in town, let me know!
I would talk more about work but while I've been geeking out a tad doing research on a brand new but quite interesting field, I've really just been reading. I was excited to get to google stuff to update a report today. Once I get more into things I'll let you know more about it and how I'm dealing with the transition from academia
(My dear x-ine is taking a break from her blog to finish up with academia right now and I wish her the very bestest of luck! Will be there to drink and celebrate whenever you're done!)

No comments: