Monday, December 7, 2009

Winter time

It actually snowed today! We had gotten a few little flurries here and there but today was the first day that there was snow on the ground in the morning and it stuck around all day, with even a few additions here and there. I'm finally starting to feel like Christmas is indeed coming.
Unfortunately my cat is really not so happy about this, we're sitting on the couch and she is definitely sulking. She doesn't like snow on her paws and we're not quite crazy enough to buy her booties.
I have new booties - er, boots. I've finally come to senses and kicked the Ugg knock offs I've been buying (and rebuying) every year to the curb. They are just not suitable for winter in places where you get actual snow and salt laid down to try and reduce your chances of slipping and falling in said snow. I might buy a suppppper cheap pair at Old Navy or something to wear on very specific occasions but the boots I got instead are actually quite cute as well so maybe not.
I feel as though I'm settling into work, they've started giving me actual assignments and I'm pretty happy with how its going and the real world. Though of course I spent part of my lunch harassing - ahem, reminding my old supervisor to maybe take a look at the paper I sent him nearly 3 weeks ago? Some things take a little longer to change..... like the seasons.

1 comment:

x-ine said...

Haha! Why am I not surprised that you can't get ahold of him?