Sunday, November 1, 2009

On life transitions

Since moving back home, at time I have felt some confusion as to what life stage I actually do exist. There are moments when I whine about when dinner will be ready, pout about turning down the TV and sigh when am told to clean up my room, despite having thought to myself just that morning that I really do need to tidy. Clearly, I am still a child. Then, I pour myself a glass of wine with dinner, which I picked up most of the ingredients for while running errands. I appear to be a young adult. Over dinner with the wine, we can sometimes discuss real estate I am considering buying, my full time job I am about to start, and I also this weekend attended a party in the suburbs where people my age have houses and babies. Could I actually be a REAL grown up? I don't know if I like this.
So I make up for maybe being a grown up by going shopping in holey genes and perusing expensive purses that I don't need but will buy anywise thanks to my real job. I also really appreciate the fact that the fridge is generally filled without much effort on my part and that I did NOT have to write a rent cheque today, despite it being the first of the month.
On the thesis front, I have received all my reviews, everyone passed me (yay!). I'm currently working on the not too difficult suggested revisions and hope to have everything totally complete by the end of the week. Wish me luck!
(P.S. as it is indeed November, I'm going to try this NaBloPoMo thing, we'll see how long my attention is kept so maybe see you tomorrow!)

No comments: