Saturday, November 7, 2009

Back in the Mville

I have so far had a lovely visit back in Mville, hitting my favourite spots, despite an inauspicious start to the weekend.
I take the train a lot and have a very set routine, I show up half an hour early, get my ticket, buy a magazine, wait a few minutes and board. Yesterday, I showed up half an hour early for what I thought was my 3 o'clock train, only to find out that the train I had booked back in August had changed schedules as of November 1st and had left 5 minutes beforehand! I was aghast, but what was I to do but book tickets for the next train and settle down for a long wait. However, the train people took pity on me, and upgraded me to first class because I was inconvenienced! This meant I could sit in the special lounge with free soda and free dinner and wine on the train. I was so tipsy by the time I got to Montreal I was no longer mad. Hm, that may have been their plan all along.
In any case, I've had cider at my favourite bar ever, truffle mac and cheese at one of the best burger joints ever, and accomplished a lot of important shopping. Very important. I bought more argyle, a proper sweater vest, hooray!
Tonight I put on a pretty dress and hit St Laurent to party hardy for my dear x-ine. Will tell you all about it tomorrow, so long as I make that train (I'm about to double check the schedule).

No comments: