Monday, November 23, 2009

Workin' 9 to 5

So I had my first day of work today! I wore nice pants, a collar shirt, a sweater vest (hells yeah) and nice shoes. My feet kind of hurt by the end of the day but I looked pretty cute and fit right in. After years of hanging around academics boasting socks and Birkenstocks (shudder), I am surrounded by people in suits. It'll be a bit of an adjustment but hey, its a reason to go shopping.
I spent most of the day doing HR stuff, signing various documents about being a good public servant (which of course I will be), and enjoying the easily available coffee bar. I'll start researching my issue tomorrow, I am at least incredibly familiar with a whole whack of reading. Will let you know how things are going soon, but tomorrow after work I am gleefully going to go see New Moon. Am way too excited.

1 comment:

x-ine said...

You are wayyy too excited about New Moon. But I am glad you first day was a success!