Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On the upside

It's November 3rd and you can tell winter is on it's way. We had snow over the weekend and I thought back to Halloweens when I had to wear snowpants underneath my costume. It gets dark, really, really early.
As I told you, I left work late both Monday and Tuesday, late enough that the sun had already begun to set. Today I got out relatively on time and appreciated the light by which to run my errands.
I'm trying to instigate a greater amount of positivity in my life these days. While I am in general an optimist, and believe that everything happens for a reason, at times it is hard to see past inconveniences and the whine comes on. I'm not quite a Debbie Downer, as I tend to keep it to myself and stew, which I know is not good for my mental health. (I recall when I first decided a few years ago to see a therapist for anxiety issues - among the best decisions I have ever made. I am now a big fan of TALKING to someone - I told my roommate about it and that I 'wouldn't be bothering her so much with my problems'. She stared at me 'You NEVER bother me with your problems. Or mention anything bad until you burst into tears'. I have learned that keeping things bottled up = a not very happy LadyLaptop.
So, positivity. I've had a few things to kvetch about this week but let's try seeing them in a positive light.
Ucky: Having to get out of bed at 6 am this morning for spin, in the cold and dark.
Yay!: I got in a good workout and sleeping in until 7 tomorrow will feel soooooo decadent.
Ucky: Skipping lunch as I juggled deadlines and meetings.
Yay!: Having a soup and laugh break with coworkers around 3, and I wasn't starving (ie buying ridiculous stuff) at the grocery store afterwards.
Ucky: I am le tired. Seriously.
Yay!: I came home to my lovely apartment, threw in some laundry and am currently cuddled in bed, with nothing to do this evening.
I'm pretty pumped.
Here's to finding to finding the positive.

No comments: