Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Up and down

Today was a day when things both went well and then not so well, as you will see as my day goes from good thing to bad thing...
7:17 am: awake but decided to not try and make the early bus, so hit the snooze - GOOD THING
8:54 am: girl at Tims manages to give me coffee instead of tea, which I realize once I'm sitting on the bus, and feel I still need to drink it because I'm a) cold and tired, and b) trying to be a good person and not waste food - BAD THING (as you will see later)
9:02 am: Christine shows up on the bus, saving me from feeling like I have to read. Huzzah - GOOD THING!
10:08 am: get to the lab to find the thermocycler occupied - OK THING, go off to the library to read instead.
11:48 am: have yummy cheese and broccoli thing for lunch - GOOD THING.
11:49 am: squirt cheese on my sweater - BAD THING. (Damn you boobage!)
12:30 pm: get PCR in, feel quite perky! GOOD THING.
1:09 pm: realize that perkiness due to a much greater amount of caffeine in my system than usual, and feeling a headache coming on to attest to that - BAD THING.
3:45 pm: have gotten a lot of good reading done today - GOOD THING.
4:00 pm: find NADA on my gel - VERY BAD AND ANNOYING THING THAT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW THE THERMOCYCLER AGAINST THE WALL....deep breaths...
5:00 pm: leaving school at 4:30, have gotten home in record time, pleased that my ride to Mac will also be going in the spring - GOOD THING.
7:00 pm: leave gym feeling as though I could have killed the little old lady who kept stealing my exercise ball whenever I moved away for a few minutes, or the girl who stayed on the elliptical I have reserved for 5 minutes longer than she was supposed to - BAD THING.
9:00 pm: have eaten yummy dinner (burger with sweet potato fries), made cute valentines and Obama wins the Potomac Primaries!!!!!! VERY GOOD THINGS.
11:54 pm: am tearing around the house cleaning because I think there is still caffeine in my system, until have to stop because Liz goes to bed - BAD THING.

So I'm now in my own bed but am still feeling peppy. It's a good thing I don't have to go out to Mac tomorrow! ;)

1 comment:

x-ine said...

yay! I'm a good thing! :)))

You were right about the snow on your day off - again! Can't believe how much snow we've seen this winter, at least we didn't get any freezing rain. I dread freezing rain.

Hey - are you interested in crashing the Nutrition potluck tomorrow? I made bruschetta!!! It starts at 12:30 at 7 Maple (the Mary Emily Clinic) ...figure I may as well invite who I want since I didn't get an "official" invite left on my desk!