Monday, February 4, 2008

The States are SUPER

It seems that its not only in Texas, but everything is bigger in the States. Their food (have you ever stopped for lunch somewhere in Maine on your way to the East Coast? The plates are HUGE!) is big, many of their women's hair is big, and both their football and a day of the week we Canadians know as just plain old Tuesday (or for us lapsed Catholics, Pancake Tuesday!), are SUPER.
SUPER.
What makes the football super? Is it the 6 HOURS of pre-show leading up to it? Is it Paula Abdul lip-synching her way through what she is praying is her comeback? The Kanye playing as the Giants came in (well, Kanye is pretty super actually....). The fact that the Pats lost in the last minute? Well, that's just kinda sad in my book. I was pulling for them, they worked really hard all season but the picture of Bridget Monyahan (Tom Brady's babymama who he left for Gisele Bundchen) looking pretty cheerful last night did make me laugh.
But let's turn our attention to pancakes. I mean Tuesday (I'm in the library and am in the mood for something sweet, thus the food freudian slip). Tuesday is, in my opinion, going to be super because of the sheer insanity of it! Over twenty states holding primaries (I think, its been almost an hour since I've checked CNN), incredibly close races being duked out among both the Democrats and Republicans.... it's going to be amazing! I am pulling for my buddy Obama (as 22 minutes said 'Once you go Barack, you can't go back'), hope that Huckabee gets smacked down for his Creationism loving ways but overall, am looking forward to the coverage. Nothing makes me giggle like pundits trying to sound smarter than they actually are, and find causality when really people vote for the guy who they like, or the woman who they think is all soft and emotional, and likely not the guy who wears the weird underpants. (Sorry Romney!)

1 comment:

x-ine said...

I've found you! I should be working though.

I don't know how we are supposed to link to one another, so I added you to my list of blogs I like...

(http://x-ine.blogspot.com)

-x