Thursday, April 2, 2009

Off to the O-town!

I'm taking off to the O-town today, we're having a team meeting with other scientists and community members for 2 days, and then I'm going to stick around to conduct some new lab stuff with one of our partner labs. It's actually the first part of my Master's work which is completely outside my realm of experience, so I'm quite excited. I will get to hang out with a bunch of people I know as well.
A major benefit of this of course is that I get to go home and chillax at the parent's house for however long I'm there (which had better not be more than 2 weeks or I will not be pleased. I have a SCHEDULE to keep). I get along quite well with my parents, probably due to the whole only child thing, and plan to living at home for at least a while once I return for good to take up the job in the fall. 
It's an absolutely gorgeous spring day here and despite being currently trapped at my desk dealing with editing papers, I'm in a pretty good mood. The video below only added to it - so amazing, you must watch! I'm in such a good mood that the post I was going to write today, about dealing with many co-authors, which is really a rant, will have to wait for another day. 



No comments: