Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The real world.... dun dun DUN

So I seem to have a job. I got an offer from the competition I participated in last week today! I am quite excited, I squealed and managed to freak out my lab mate. While it made working this afternoon a little bit more difficult, knowing that to accept said job, with its nice pay and benefits, I need to finish my degree will hopefully continue to spur me on. The fact that stuff in the lab seems to be working is also helping.
So in a few months, I may be lady of the laptop, but not so much all day. I guess it is important to move on from time to time, and learn to go through a working day without compulsively checking e-mail, Google Reader, Twitter, Facebook, Jezebel, the major newspapers, rando blogs..... hm, this might be a good required change in my life. It's actually fairly impressive that I've gotten anything done in the past year and a half (OMG, I've been doing my MSc for a year and a half. How time flies). It will be a change to go from running my own day, coming in late and leaving early as I feel like it, but I know that I've done it before and actually quite enjoyed getting a bit more direction than I currently do.
It will definitely require a revamp of my wardrobe. I no longer can put off the purge that is SO REQUIRED as evidenced by the constant bulging of my wardrobe despite having two closets. Going to do some shopping this weekend to spend some of the prize money from my conference (on some classy jewelry methinks) and will start to ponder the puzzle of professional wear (say THAT 10 times fast)
Here's me in my last incarnation as an employee of ye old feds, I'll show you the next one sometime in the late fall....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Anna! Where are you going to be working? What shall you be doing?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, dear lady! Good luck finishing your degree :) - YOU CAN DO IT!!!