Thursday, March 19, 2009

Countdown

Approximately 11 PCRs to go.... give or take a couple for later analyses. I am so excited. As I was setting up one this afternoon, my friend J wandered in, to look for a hairdryer to dry her pants as she had poured coke all over herself while we were having lunch with a job candidate for the department, making her my favourite person of the day, and asked what I was up to. I replied "PCR, what else do I do?!". I'm getting a little tired of lab work in case you can't tell. Just a month and a half to go - after this I move on to some phytochemical stuff for a bit.
Last night, J came over to join the roomie and I in watching Twilight. AMAZING. I had not seen it yet, and laughed myself silly. We're working on a drinking game, including taking a drink whenever an ironic line is uttered, such as Bella telling Angela she is a 'strong, independent woman', despite that basically being the antithesis of the message of the whole series (I cannot live without my looooooooooveeeee........ I will kill myselffff for my babbbbbbbbyyyyyyy......). My inner feminist cries but I just can't turn away. It's just such a nice alternative to the mountains of papers I am currently slogging through, or editing my own stuff. In further escapism, almost time for Grey's!

No comments: