Sunday, November 2, 2008

48 hours to go....

This time Tuesday evening, the first results will start being released from the American election. I've been following the election fairly closely since the first primaries in January. I was first aware of Obama through reading an article in the New Yorker about him running for the Illinois senate seat, which I'm still entertained to note that he won quite handily because the ex-wife of his Republican adversary, Star Trek Voyager's Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), testified in their divorce proceedings that he had made her go to sex clubs. Ryan is forced to drop out, is replaced by a nutbar and Obama wins! Is that a violation of the Prime Directive though? (Needed to throw in a Trekkie/er? joke...)
In any case, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to fill my time with after Tuesday, checking blogs and latest polls has been the major way I've entertained myself in the lab while waiting for reagants to thaw, etc. But in any case, if I have any Americans reading this blog who haven't yet voted, listen to my Canadian plea..... FOR GOD'S SAKE, VOTE OBAMA!
We enjoyed getting to mock your president for 8 years, but we really don't need more... recessions, wars, increased headaches at airports due to security, loss of manufacturing jobs due to downturns in the states, air pollution, greenhouse gasses, international instability, nuclear proliferation in those unstable states, genocides, prescription pill shortages due to Americans coming up here to buy them, species under threat thanks to Republican's love of hunting and ignorance of conservation, guns, moral deserters fleeing to Canada (not that I'm not for them being allowed to stay, but there shouldn't be any at all!), trade embargoes, Wal Marts, Russia getting cocky again (despite Palin keeping an eye on that), Starbucks closing thanks to a tanking economy and real estate market, creationists, pro-lifers and idiots who see no need to educate themselves about the world around them, thanks to Bush's shining example.
This list could go on (if you think of more, please leave a comment!) and I know I'm biassed, but please, vote Democratic on Tuesday, the world, and not just Canada, will thank you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks is supposed to be giving away coffee to anyone who has voted. I want to know does it include "we the people" who voted a few weeks ago? Does the offer also include "we the people" who live in Canada, whatever our reasons?