Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Are you ready for this?

*Cue Nineties rock-pop I think I remember from Bring it On (classic!)*
Winter is coming! A major snow storm projected for this evening, the first one of the year. My little Canadian heart is full to bursting, ready to take on the deluge.
I however, am somewhat disheartened, as I yet again have needed to go back to optimize my real time work. Will it ever end? Will I ever truly have data? No one knows....
Having already done a lot of lab work today and it also being grey and rainy out, my ability to work has slid steadily down this afternoon.... so I've been reading awesome blogs by other grad students and profs. I know I blogged a while ago that I was quite certain a PhD wasn't for me, really enjoying my field work and writing tests for government jobs (filled with horrible situations and formulas!) have made me consider it again. Yes I know, you groan, can't I ever make up my mind? Well, I really can't so PhD is back on the list of possible to dos. Definitely in a few years, I'm going to need time away to decompress after the stress of this Masters, but its back.
Anyways, along with reading grad student blogs, I've also been keeping up on the election in the States. I really don't know what I'm going to do when its all over.... do real work? ha!
(P.S. the roomie and I have awesome halloween costume ideas, with me as a certain VP candidate and her as that candidate's knocked up daughter. Hopefully we can twist some arms to get people to go out with us on Friday)

No comments: