Friday, November 14, 2008

Busy busy busy


It's been a crazy couple of weeks.
Last week, was running several PCRs a day, so that I could have data to present in Mistissini last weekend. Thursday worked for 10 hours, ran home, ate quickly and kept working for a few more hours. We drove up Friday, 14 hours thanks to the bus breaking down many kilometers from any town, and arrived around 9. Saturday and Sunday were some really quite productive meetings, despite the miserable weather... I really enjoy getting to go back to the north. I'm currently working on a program to go into schools into the communities and teach them both about their traditional medicines and why they're important, along with the science we use to try and promote staying in school. At the end of Sunday we had a fantastic feast which included traditional doughnuts, beaver and fabulous moose stir fry. I bought some lovely crafts for Xmas presents and we got awesome jackets from the community! Good times had by all.... though driving back Monday was not much fun. Wait, drinking by the side of the highway was fun....
This week has also been busy, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my real time work - only about one more week! Woohoo! And I even have some significant results so far.... Might actually be able to pull all this off.
Still haven't reacted here to Obama winning! Yayy!!! Roomie and I spent Tuesday night frantically reloading pages on CNN along with all the blogs. Interesting to see what the next few months will bring.
One thing that I hope will not be brought is more of Sarah Palin. You lost lady! Go back to Alaska! And is it just me or is this picture of her terrifying? She's coming for you with her claw like hands!!! Aaaaaah....

Though I do kind of want to see her run against Obama in 2012 to get completely smacked down in the debates.

Another busy Saturday is ahead of me, going to a mini conference out on Mac, then running home to host a dinner party for people in my lab. Sunday, however, I will basically refuse to leave my bed. Cannot wait. Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

none said...

Thanks for the note!

What does moose taste like?!

AB said...

Moose tastes.... like beef. A little more gamey. All in the preparation I hear.