Friday, August 29, 2008

Whapmagoostui, day two

Due to unforeseen circumstances I haven't been able to get much done here as of yet, and its unclear how much I will be able to do, but despite being a little frustrated I really do appreciate how lovely this area is. Right between the Hudson Bay on one side and the Great Whale River on the other, there are stunning views from every direction. Haven't met many people yet but everyone so far has been amazingly helpful. Even the dogs! (Though that is nothing new, in all the communities there are always dogs running around, who will cling to you if you give them the slightest bit of attention. My buddy today just happened to be much cuter than usual, as you will see below). So here are some pictures of the community - enjoy and maybe I'll be home sooner than thought! (Update: its taken so long to upload all the pictures for this post that I am now resigning myself to being here until likely Tuesday to try and get a guide working.... am waiting to talk to my other supervisor about how to proceed). Wish me luck!

My buddy on my walk this morning. So cute!
A teepee off in the distance, hard to tell if its for smoking meat or no.
A view of the Great Whale River. The river going into Hudson's Bay.A pond atop the hill I was climbing, vainly trying to find more mountain ash.
A better view of the Bay, with a big boat in it!

No comments: