Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waskaganish, day one

So we made it safely to Waskaganish, though it was a long drive, with some rain which we were concerned would slow us down, but we made it just in time to claim our keys to our transits. I'm staying in a quite nice house with satellite tv and a pirated wireless connection. I had thought that my posts here would be sporatic, but maybe not.
Had an up and down day, spent a lot of time talking to people and looking for people, but not really accompishling a lot, until the late afternoon when I found a huge stand of mountain ash, and then we found the healer we were looking for. We're supposed to go talk to her tomorrow, we'll see!
I went to a feast this evening, and tried several kinds of bannock and MOOSE meat. It was pretty good. We also found a huge moose bone while looking through the forest, so I'm sure to have lots of stories once I'm back!
The schedule I had painstakingly put together is of course already looking unreliable... my goal is still to be back in Montreal for my birthday. We'll see. We'll also see how often I get to post here! Love to you all.

2 comments:

Ellen and Gerald said...

Anna: so glad you got some time on the email and blog. Don't worry about your schedule - it was only tentative. Everything will fall together as it should. Hope your first sample proves productive. Love Mum and Dad

Z said...

moose meat! I guess when in Rome eh? though I'm starting to realize why the expression isn't "when in Northern Ontario"...

ps. have you named the large stand of Mountain Ash yet? and remember, pictures!