Thursday, September 22, 2011

A boyfriend for Christmas

That is the resolution one of my friends has recently made. We were out at the pub a stones throw from our office (I can see the patio from my cubicle window, it is very mean on bright sunny days), and after we had moaned and groaned about the bureaucracy we inhabit and have ended up helping perpetuate, we moaned and groaned about the lack of guys in the O-town.

Now, numerically, there are many men in this fair city of mine. However, meeting these men is the challenge. If I don't work with them, play a sport with them or they are a friend or friend of friend or coworker of a friend.... I may never encounter them. Online dating helps but that comes with it's own set of special circumstances. And when you are more than slightly discerning.... It's tough.

Now I have had days this week where lunch has been an afterthought and the month ahead makes me more than slightly want to weep. But I also have my annoying friends telling me about this life balance bullshit and a boyfriend certainly would be nice... So an effort I will make. When I can. Because a boyfriend for Christmas is not a repellent idea. Now who's got one for me? ;)

No comments: