Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shiny objects

As usual, I was quite spoiled this Christmas.

All of my cousins in my family are blessed with fairly healthy egos due to the incredible support system we all grew up with. Despite our mocking of each other at times, I know all my aunts and uncles (besides my parents) think that I am pretty awesome and would do almost anything for me. However, that feeling is always strongest when you are the baby of the family, and thus there have always been a few hurt feelings between us and our next youngest cousin.

Point of reference - this Christmas Eve I was chilling at the parents, watching my very favourite Christmas movie - White Christmas. I tweeted/facebooked about it and my older cousin Z (not to be confused with the best friend Z) commented it was also her favourite. I asked if she remembered me doing command performances of 'Sisters' for years - and she responded she did her best to ignore me until I was about 10 or so, which I definitely remember. I was a bit of a brat I admit, but she took the whole not being the only girl a little hard too ;).


In any case, despite no longer being the youngest by a long shot (the title now being held by my absolutely adorable baby cousin - see her in her First Christmas finery here), I was still super spoiled with lots of lovely (SHINY!) jewelry, stuff for around my house and as always, some Starbucks money to make those latte runs less of an extravagance.

Speaking of spoiled - am heading off tonight to go see Legally Blonde the Musical and am SO excited, will get to spend time with some of my undergraduate besties, we may even have a pink drink or two, which are even better than shiny things at times.

No comments: