Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh my....

Today was a pretty fabulous summer day. I got up at a reasonable hour (gooooo me!) and went for a jog in a bid to beat the heat. It didn't really work but I still plowed through a half hour jog/walk. I'm following the Couch to 5K program, which says I will be able to run 5K (hence the name, I'm smart huh) in 8 weeks. We'll see, but I'm liking it so far. I'm just not liking doing it in the heat.
Anyways, I went home, had a shower and then the roomie and I went out for a totally delish late lunch. We went to one of our fave places in Montreal, Los Tios on Crescent Street, which has an awesome $10 lunch menu, as well as great pitchers of sangria to split. This summer has been the summer of sangria and I am not complaining.
This was followed by browsing around a few stores (am still on the hunt for the new laptop, likely to be a Dell 13' Inspiron, let me know if you have any views). I had a slightly less enjoyable run in with Via Rail over a ticket they owe me a refund on, but I have resolved to forget about that until tomorrow when I can call and yell at someone.
In any case, returned home, had a nice light dinner and are now having a relaxing, chill evening. This is likely a good idea as August is already looking to be crazy busy! I can't get over that its August and that my thesis is supposed to be done this month. ACK! Since my last, ever so chill post, things have gotten a wee bit more stressful but I am still optimistic that everything will get worked out and submitted in time.
One of my activities this evening has been perusing several travel blogs online, first for any ideas for going to Italy, but then in general. And something terrible has happened. I've developed a travel bug. I want to go to South Africa and Australia and Turkey and Dubai and Russia and..... already have a full time job lined up in November, and despite being completely excited for Italy, want to do MORE. But I guess it's a good plan to save up some cash and really plan a great trip to take, hopefully next summer. Until then, I'll have to dream.
Off to drink some rather anachronistic but still wanted hot tea! Will definitely miss Montreal, for both exciting days and relaxed evenings....

No comments: