Friday, December 12, 2008

Roller coaster

This week has been... interesting to say the least. I've had both highs and lows, based on how I feel about the data I'm currently analyzing. There's more variation than there should be, but I think I'm addressing it and the results are still valid. I had really hoped to get a publication out of this stuff, even a small one, but I keep dithering on whether it's actually doable. I have decided I'm writing up the article, to be a chapter in my thesis and to be reviewed by the communities I work with though, so the work will not be for naught even if its not quite up to publication. I really enjoy the graphs I gotten from it though.
So the work has been up and down. Similarly, so has my actual will to work. I have 4 days left of real productivity to be sought after, before I get to go home for the holidays and see some friends I haven't seen in over a year! There will be shopping, and baking, and parties..... I really can't wait.
The crazy snow we got hasn't helped either. It has been lovely to look at and induce dreams of christmas, thus adding to the lack of will to work, and making getting home a nightmare. It took me 2 and a HALF hours to get home on Tuesday! I stayed home Wednesday, only to venture out later and marvel at all the ice coating the trees, which was really quite lovely.
(I took pictures of this magical ice on my Blackberry but they have unfortunately turned out rather blurry, sorry!)
In any case, this week has actually finished off quite well and I've completed the stuff that needed to be, which for grad school, is pretty damn good.
I'm looking forward to the weekend, lots of relaxing and also hope to have fun with a few people. You have a good weekend too!
P.S. A good thing - I'm pretty happy with how Ignatieff is doing so far as the head of the liberals, I think he's striking the right now in terms of being open to talk, but maintaining the hard line. I will, however, miss Stephane Dion very much. In case you ever read this - my friend Christine and I will totally take you out for drinks to drown your sorrows. Give me a shout, it'll be a blast, we'll braid each other's hair and talk about the environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the snow driving can be such a drain. I've actually postponed my date to head back home for the holidays because the roads are not ideal and the weather is freezing. Stay warm!