Thursday, March 20, 2008

Miss Manners taught me so well...

So being a polite bitch seems to work... A few weeks ago, in a disastrous moment Liz and I were informed an hour after having placed an order with Pizza Pizza that they actually did not deliver to our address and could we come pick it up? Since this was the day after the last major storm of the winter and we lacked both a car and a will to put on real pants, we responded to the negative. Peeved at having to cook my own dinner, I wrote a polite yet annoyed customer service complaint and sent it off. Just yesterday I had complained about the lack of response but today an e-mail landed in my inbox apologizing and offering a free pizza! Yee-haw!
As a note, the blog will be heading on the road next week (as most of the 4 people who read this blog know), first to Ottawa to be taken care of by the parentals and then to Toronto for a conference. My first real academic conference! I'm fluttering with excitement and debating what to pack, what to pack. Hopefully I'll manage to post something, but until then, catch y'all later!

1 comment:

Princess Crumpet said...

Do you need a place to stay in TO? I'm sure Hotel Van Vliet-Gzebb would be able to put you up, provided you don't mind sharing with a cat or two...or four.