Saturday, February 19, 2011

Single Saturday Night

So it is a Saturday night and I am sitting at home. Today I slept in, did a whole whack of laundry, got my dad come over to change the lightbulbs that were 10 feet up, then went to Canadian Tire looking for a lampshade and bought SmartFood instead. I am so, so single and have to admit, not really feeling it tonight.

I have sent a couple of odd texts to my friends today, including the fact that I seem to have cribbed the break up talk I gave to the very sweet but not suited for me boy about a month ago, directly from a Sex and the City episode. That was followed by more lessons learned, including that 20 something guys suck (Anyone know a cute 30 year old?) that I need to get away from 'perfect on paper' guys.... and that I am feeling a little sorry for myself. Hopefully this will pass, along with this crazy cold streak we are currently experiencing.

As I mentioned, it is my own fault that I am single at the moment. I stand behind my decision, it wasn't the relationship or guy for me, but there are times it would be nice to have someone to call for a Saturday night date. I have for the moment sworn off online dating, won't date guys from work - I think I need to take up a hobby. Pool sharking? I could get a dog, hit the parks, but as ever Carrie is looking askance at my preferred dog....


I'll keep you updated on the relationship front but next week have one of my favourite partners in crime (who plays 'haaaaaave you met Anna' with the best of them) to help me play the scene, with my bestie forever also about to return to town, to bear the brunt of my neuroses to spare you some of the brunt. Next post will be funnier/funner I swear!

No comments: