Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brief respite

I am home for approximately 36 hours in between the west and east coast swings of my trips. The west was absolutely fantastic, I loved Whitehorse and getting to spend some time in Vancouver again. I put up a few pictures on twitter (to the left, to the left) but more will come.

Travelling for work is totally different from pleasure, my day is not my own and often so jam packed that by the time evening rolls around I am exhuasted and all I see of my hotel room is my bed. It is great experience though and making me think I should consider living in another part of the country at some point. I continue to love the North and Whitehorse had an interesting northern/indie vibe going on (while also having a Starbucks) that rather appealed. We'll see.

Today was much fun, went to the Wed By Hand show with my dear A who is getting married in October, and got to spread the news about my dear L's engagement! So many people getting married, it's almost like we're grownups.

In the spirit of children getting to grow up and BECOME grownups, I just found this for the first time which is ABSOLUTELY amazing.



More stories to come soon, taking some time to watching 'Princess' with Gail Vaz Oxlade, which always inspires me to be good (and hopefully withstand the temptation of the $100 off coupon Coach just sent me, especially with the fact that I've managed to leave my iPod on a plane this week), soon to head back to A's to watch some Super Bowl (where I will cheer for the team with the fewest rapists, society is sad sometimes).

No comments: