Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines from a not so bitter me

Tomorrow is Valentine's day and around the world there are single women (and men) prepared to raise the bitter flag and rail about this over materialistic, over promoted, manufactured holiday. A few year's ago, I would have been right there but this year, despite not having a boyfriend (though with one or two prehaps prospects on the horizon), I'm not feeling the usual bile rising. 
I don't know if its because I've recently decided that freaking out about being single has really accomplished nothing over the past few years, that I'm spurring myself on to be a bit braver when it comes to matters of the heart, or the fact that I'm really bloody tired, with another few very busy weeks ahead of me still. 
I am extraordinarily lucky after all. I have a wonderful family, fantastic friends, and my PCRs are working! (My priorities are awesome). I am looking forward to this weekend as one of my besties is coming into town, and then I get to go explore Vancouver next week. Of course having someone special in my life would be great, and I am looking, and open, but I think I need to take some time to count my blessings. 
I could also just be extraordinaly charmed by this, perhaps the cutest story EVAR (Koalas fall in love post rescue). In any case, I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day, whether you celebrate it with roses or ranting. 

No comments: