Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh February

Not even halfway through ya, and I feel as though you are speeding by like a bullet.
I am currently in Ottawa doing some very intense exams/interviews for what could be a really good opportunity. I'm trying not to get too hung up on it, there are offers to be made to 45 people and there are 120 people being interviewed for them. Not terrible odds but not a sure bet either. I've had to wear the suit and other professional clothes my mother bought me over Christmas, a definite adjustment from my usual garb of jeans and t-shirts, perhaps with a nice cardigan thrown into the mix from time to time. 
I'll have to haul out the professional wear again next week as I'm jaunting off to Vancouver for a conference. I'm really excited for this as it's my first opportunity to visit B.C., and hope to do lots of looking around. I'll do my best to keep you all updated. It's also my first time presenting my work at a real conference so we'll see if I'm really as smart as I hope I am (I am currently hoping I'm smarter than 80 other people.... there are some pretty smart people here). 
Anyways, in between that we're having a lovely former roommate to visit and at some point I guess I should keep with the actual working on the thesis huh? Oh lab work.... I will not miss you (the e-mail I got today about some not so great results is not being terribly encouraging in terms of wanting to get back to it. Sweet salaries and contributing to my country seem a great deal more interesting right now).
I should get off to bed, have another round of interviews tomorrow so night!

No comments: