Sunday, January 16, 2011

Le tired

It's been a couple of busy weeks here. I am very, very occupied at work, getting ready to do some travelling to run regional meetings off the national one I recently organized here in our fair capital, which went pretty well, but needs to be improved upon and refined.

I have also had some wonderful guests, a former (and maybe future?) roomie T, while she was doing an internship in town and a whack of other old friends from Mtl for some good times. But I must admit, that I did have a bit of a skip in my step as I waved them off this morning and closed and LOCKED my door.

I have obviously become more accustomed to my alone time than I thought.

I had a lovely phone chat this evening with former roomie Liz, where she picked up the usual thread of my best friend Z (who is almost back from S. America!!) of telling me I am way too busy and overscheduled in my life as a whole. I am beginning to hear that message loud and clear, I have felt my stress levels rising and despite having a house guest last week, was rather boring and in bed by 10 most of the week. I think I need to push hard to make that a habit, because I am sure criss crossing the country will do a wonder on my sense of time and rest.

L and I had a bit of a disagreement over whether I am an introvert or extrovert. I say I am an extroverted introvert which she scoffed at. I love to be around people and be part of the party but at times I do feel the need to pull back and be on my own, closer to the edge. But no matter what part of the party I'm at, I do need to get better at saying no to the parties I really don't feel like attending, or that aren't important and focus on the things and people in my life who ARE important. Namely me. Here's to trying.

No comments: