Monday, March 10, 2008

Productivity

I might have a problem with productivity.
Today started out quite well, working efficiently to get a PCR in first thing, then starting to work on the letter of informed consent that will go with my ethics application. Until 10:30 I was doing well... and then was invited to grab a coffee. And I did. And except for pouring a gel, the last hour has been a wasteland of productivity. I've skimmed an index of a book, checked the news, checked the blogs I read, searched for a blog on academic productivity which led me to another site to download a podcast on productivity and am now writing a blog on the subject.
Whoops - lunchtime!
(You see my problem?)

1 comment:

x-ine said...

I think motivation is an important factor in productivity. And it is so easy to get distracted by the internet. Curses!