Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to the north!

Sorry for the severe lackage of posts. I've only been back in the O-town for a few weeks and they have been busy. I've been trying to purge a bunch of stuff as I absolutely cannot fit it all into my room at my parent's house, editing papers, hanging with people.... it's really nice to be home though.
I had a quick sojourn back to Mtl to give my quasi defense and it went really well I'm pleased to report! Now we're just waiting for the university to find an external reader and get my thesis processed, hopefully in time for me to start my job.
As of tomorrow though I return on my way up north, to Waskaganish, one of my favourite places in Eeyou Istchee. I'll be both trying to report on the results of my Masters, do a few interviews and run a class in one of the schools teaching kids about medicinal plants, how both their own culture and science can study plants. I hope it goes well! I'll be going up with the lovely x-ine and so am sure I'll be having a great time, and will do my best to keep you updated!

No comments: