Sunday, May 17, 2009

The stress, it cometh

Things have been going really well recently, I completed another assay and even managed to analyse motst of the data already (though I've heard through one of my labmates that I may need to change some of my equations). I got to go home and have an extra long, long weekend (for us Canucks, though its been rather wet and cold so not exactly a time to celebrate summer) and even got some work done here! Despite the weather, its been a great weekend, seeing people, including a newly significant person (we saw Star Trek in IMAX - geek squee! squared!). I'm currently sitting in my PJs and making cupcakes for my Daddy's birthday.
However, this relaxation shall not last. I basically need to have all my data in hand in 2 weeks, along with preparing them to go into a presentation I'm giving at a conference in slightly less than 3 weeks. Cue the freak out. I've so far avoided a total breakdown and as things are seeming to be working should be able to do so. I'm bribing myself with the promise of a massage once I get through a particular annoying set of results, which should help as well. But even once I've gotten through this presentation it still means I'll have less than one month to have a draft of everything in hand to have it ready to be pre-reviewed by my department for early August. As I've said before, it'll be tight. 
However, the promise of getting to move back to the O-town, along with a trip I'm now planning to Italy in October, there is a lot motivating me. I will definitely miss Montreal though and I will be definitely taking the time to enjoy it and all my friends while I can. I am resolved to make my days productive and my nights/weekends a ton of fun. Wish me luck!
(P.S. if anyone has any MUST SEES in Rome/Venice/Florence, please let me know!)

No comments: