Sunday, August 10, 2008

Waskaganish, days 5-6

Went back to the site where Ashleigh had thought she'd seen mountain ash yesterday, and as we went a different way from the other day, we did indeed find it! We had waited to go out for fear of rain, and while it didn't rain, the previous dampness meant that the bugs were INSANE. The things I do for another population.
After that, Ashleigh showed me the amazing rapids near town, and on the way down there we spotted even more mountain ash! Going back there today, along with to the other site I've heard have them, so should have all the populations I need. Tomorrow I'm going to try and interview a few people about the preparation of it.
Enjoy this little video I took at the rapids. Excuse the insane talk, we were pretty tired and had gotten very frustrated of dealing with the bugs....

2 comments:

Ellen and Gerald said...

Anna - you and Ash rock. You got your pops and that great video of the rapids. Tks for keeping us all updated. Your mum and I went to the Farmers Mkt at Lansdowne this am and got some great fruit. All the best to you both. Love Mum and Dad

Anonymous said...

Its scary to see this river at such a high level, I used to go mediate at that spot where you took the video. I spent many months by this river, I caught many trophee in this river also.