Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let's try this again....

So several months ago I tried this blogging thing, and was even somewhat dedicated for a short period of time. Short period of time meaning about 2 days before I was distracted by a shiny object, and oh yeah, the huge amount of school work I have to do. That was also before that my dear roomie, who was hosting my blog, let her account lapse and didn't tell me. But as I had not posted in ages (thanks school), it wasn't until someone asked me where the blog had gone that I lifted my head from my MSc proposal and found it was gone.
Speaking of schoolwork, I still have a lot to do actually, this blog has only just been created because of the mound of reading I have to do tonight before my night class. I seem to have accidentally signed up for a philosophy class, which I swore to never do again after my run in with a first year history of thought class. When the slightly smelly, always plaid wearing, boy from across the room suggested that I shouldn't absolutely trust Newton's law of gravity, I had to restrain myself from pitching my huge biology text book at him, then querying 'still don't believe in gravity?!' and swore never to touch such a class again. I was successful through the rest of my undergrad, but was thwarted by the vagaries of grad school course calendars and had to find something fast. So here I am, puzzling over the meaning of 'tautology' when discussing population genetics and looking for ways to do anything but this. I am however, too stubborn to leave the library, and so here I sit. Starting a blog.
After that huge introductory paragraph (somewhere Zuzu is shuddering), I will let you know that I hope this blog will be a source of amusement as I relate the crises and zany antics that I over emphasize in my otherwise quite boring life. (OMG! These two guys suddenly rose up in front of me as I sit at a third floor window of the life science library. It took me a minute to realize they were on a crane.) We'll see if I can be a little more dedicated this time. Though the crane in front of my window is still pretty cool, and shiny....

No comments: